Remote connection - Omron NT21 through CJ1M

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have to make a small change to an Omron NT21 HMI at a remote site. I have remote connection to the CJ1M PLC the HMI is connected to through a VPN. The PLC is connected to a Digi One - IAP, which I can connect to using Realport on COM 6.I have no problem going online with the PLC.

However, I am unable to connect to the NT21 through the CJ1M.

I have the HMI in "upload" mode

In CX-Designer, Comms Method is set to "Pass through PLC", "PC-PLC-NS" is selected, Port is COM6, Baud Rate has been set to every possible setting, Baud Rate Auto Detect has been set to "Effective"

Basically, I have a Serial (Toolbus) (Com6) - NT Link

When I try to trasnfer from the PT, I always get "download/upload error 006"

Any suggestions?