Zen relay two switch sequencing progrem

Jon G

Hello All,
I need to program a ZEN V2 relay for a correct two switch sequence to give one out put e.g. switch sequence 1 then 2 I get an output but if the sequence is 2 then 1 there will be no output. my skills on these relays is minimal, I hope someone can help. All replies appreciated

Hello Shooter and Osmanmomin,
Thank you for your replies, I will give these a try. I was nowhere near this with my feeble attempts at programming. Your help is very much appreciated.

Hello All,

Lancie1 thanks for the reply, I do not have the option for a reset button. Shooter, I must be setting this up wrong somewhere as I cannot get it to operate. Osmanmomin, there were no switch inputs when in test mode, I changed M0 and M1 to I0 and I1 and it does what I need it to do. Thank you again to everyone, this is a great site with people willing to help those with no experience in programming ZEN relays or PLC's in general.

Lancie1 thanks for the reply, I do not have the option for a reset button.
You don't really need to use Set and Reset. You could use a normal Output and seal it on with its own contact. The point is to catch a time when I1 is ON and I2 is NOT ON (I1 goes on first). That is all.
Osmanmomin, there were no switch inputs when in test mode,
Yes there are. If you are using the ZEN, you always have the Simulate Mode, which has a switch input for every ZEN input, always there when you need them.

These 3 attached pictures prove that it is not a difficult problem. Reset the relays however you want. A timer can be set to retain Q0 and Q1 for however long you need them to be ON.

One Before Two- Step 1 Switch 1 ON.JPG

Last edited:
Step 2: Switch 1 goes OFF, then Switch 2 goes ON then OFF. If Switch 2 goes ON before Switch 1, do nothing!

One Before Two- Step 2 Sw 1 Goes OFF- Sw 2 Goes ON.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Lancie1,

Thanks for the latest reply, I will have a play with the program and try what you are mentioning. As you would already know from my Q&As my knowledge on ZEN relay programming is minimal at best as I do not get to work on them on a regular basis. Some things I occasionally manage to work out myself, other times people with knowledge like yourself come to my rescue. Again I can't thank you and others on this site enough for your help.