plc-siemen's simatic s5-100u

Krish Roy

K
siemen's simatic s5/100u does not have retaintive off-delay timer.
how to achieve that functionality(simpler than looping with counter)?

As far as I know making any retentive timer in S5-100U has to be done by using a counter. No other way possible by my knowledge, or at least no other simpler way known.

Kind regards,

I agree with Jean-Pierre but I was also wondering why he used the phrase 'retentive OFF-delay'. Maybe he is thinking of the same functionality as a retentive ON-delay timer ('SS' in german). If this is the case, he should explain us what he wants to do with this retentive OFF-delaytimer. If not....end of conversation.

Ivo,

I think he's referring to the method where you have to transfer the remaining time back to the setpoint. Maybe it's a more subtle way to do things, but certainly not simpler to understand.

And why he's talking about a retentive OFF-delay? I think maybe it's because his teacher thinks it's far too easy to find the solution to the retentive ON-delay timer on the internet. Now that's refreshing: a teacher who thinks about his assignments! So, they DO still exist.

Kind regards,