Siemens S7 400 Special Charactors Symbols

shamusdb

Hi All

I have 5 x machines that all have S7 414H PLC's controlling them. The end client is in India and they have a DCS system (Yokogowa) that will read tags from our PLC's. They have asked me to fill in an excel document listing all the tags and data types etc which i've done but they have told me the DCS does not like special characters, namely the quotation marks that Siemens places around there names/symbols. My question is, is there any option in simatic manager to remove the quotation marks or activate a different naming option that will not have quotation marks? I have told them that Siemens is like that so thats that but they have told me that they read tags from a siemens PLC now and it works fine, which is why i'm asking the question. Although there is a language barrier they seem adament that the DCS does not look at the raw address (DB10.DBX0.0) but looks at the tag name?

e.g working tag (apparently)
Address
DB10.DBX0.0

Control Logic Tag
toDCS.ProcessGas.bBlowerOn

The Control logic tag is what they are saying the DCS looks at!!