Siemens S7 do I need a memory card

norman oliver

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, I'm new to Siemens and have a program to write. To get me started I have bought a used S7 315 without a mem card. I have ordered one! In the meantime, can I download a simple program without a card? Also, does anyone know when Siemens changed to MMC cards? I'm trying to establish the age of my CPU. I have not attached any i/o modules as yet.
THANKS
Norm.

I assume this is a new CPU(not the old 6es7315-xaf0x-xx x)
Yes, you need a mmc memory card. I've never been able to download without one

The old 315 CPU's don't have to have one ( big memory card)

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I have a word in some DB which I want to load to AR1 and use as a pointer. In order to do this I need to write L DBxy.DBW xy SLD 3 LAR1 I...
Replies
Views
Hi Complete newcomer to S7 so go easy on me... Siemens S7: What cable do I need to connect S7-1200 PLC to HMI? The touch screen is one of these...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I have a PN Coupler connecting two PLCs, one on X1 and one on X2 and am able to transfer data using the IN and OUT configuration...
Replies
Views
Hi i have just been asked to upload a plc program from 1511-1 pn it has v15 firmware 2.6 the machine oem doesnt support the machine i got...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a call from a client that has several small water systems, asked me to take a look at one I've never programmed, just troubleshot a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom