ControlLogix PLC/SLC Messages with Octal Addressing?

sanger

Quick question.

When using the CLX PLC/SLC Message Mapping to map files 0 (Output) and 1 (Input) to CLX Integer registers is it smart enough to convert the requests for addresses in Octal to Decimal?

e.g. If we have File 1 mapped to tag 'Inputs', when a PanelView program tries to read I:10/17 (old PLC-5 address) will the Message Mapping automatically convert that to a read of Inputs[8].15 or will all the I and O addresses in the Panelview need to be adjusted?

That is a really good question !

And I have no idea.

My guess is that the conversion would be transparent because the PanelView would (probably) perform a 16-bit Word-sized Read command. I don't think there's even a PCCC command for reading a single bit value.

The hex value of the bit offset is the same inside the 16-bit word no matter if you express it in Octal or in Decimal.

But that's just a guess. It's equally possible that the ControlLogix will consider the question moot by not supporting data files 0 and 1 in the Map PLC/SLC Messages feature. I've only ever started with data file 3.

Is this a PanelView Standard, or a PanelView Plus ? What network is the PanelView using ?

We did a test and it correctly converted the requests in Octal from the PV to the decimal requests in the ControlLogix.