Panelview Plus 1000 config download

I'm not sure what you mean by "download a configuration" but you can download a runtime file (.MER) to a PanelView Plus over Ethernet using the Transfer Utility that comes with FactoryTalk View Studio.

When I try to download the .mer file, I get an "Access Denied" box??

Yes I have selected the Panelview in the "Destination List" when I start the download.
Is there mode the Panleview is supposed to be in? This is a first time download to the Panelview.

There is no mode that it has to be in to download. As long as it is powered up and fully booted, you should be able to download to it.

Have you tried pinging the PanelView? It is possible that the PanelView is showing up in the destination list from a previous connection, but it currently cannot see it.

I found the problem. I had a "Device Shortcut" in the RSLinx Enterprise Communication Setup that was invalid. When I did the conversion to runtime, it showed me the error but said it would be ignored.
Anyway...I deleted the device shortcut made another runtime and the download went fine and it shows up in "Internal Storage" in the Panelview....Yea!

Arghh... now the Next issue..
So I try to load the application from the Panelview "Internal Storage" and I get:
"Error: Cannot load project due to version incompatibility."

FactoryTalk View Studio is: Version 7.00.00 Build 13
Panelview is: Version 5.10.08.09

Do I have to get a new version upgrade for the Panelview? Can I just download it?
Does it have to match FactoryTalk version?

I bought all these components at the same time in June 2013, it would have been nice if they all came version correct...

Last edited:
When you make the runtime, you can specify what version it will be. Change it from 7.0 to 5.1.

You cannot upgrade a 5.1 terminal beyond 5.1, the hardware is totally different starting with 6.0

Hi

When you create a runtime file you have an option to save it as the version
Your panel view is. It's a drop down box and I see you have ver 7 so you have no problem

Donnchadh

Nathan, your Studio software needs to create a runtime that is compatible with your PanelView terminal. Studio can create runtimes for different revisions of terminals old and new.

When you create the Runtime file, one of the options is for the revision. Yours probably defaulted to 7.0. Make sure you set it to 5.1 to match your terminal firmware revision.

OG

Thanks guys...I will test tomorrow.
I also noticed in RSLogix that I did not add the Panelview to Controllogix logic.

I also noticed in RSLogix that I did not add the Panelview to Controllogix logic.

Do you mean the I/O tree in RSLogix 5000 ?

Do not put a PanelView Plus in the I/O tree under an Ethernet module in RSLogix 5000.

That feature is for PanelView Standard terminals only.

Putting a "PanelView" object in the I/O tree as a child of an EtherNet/IP bridge module will result at best in a nuisance fault, and at worst in connection errors between the ControlLogix and the PanelView Plus.

Do you mean the I/O tree in RSLogix 5000 ?

Do not put a PanelView Plus in the I/O tree under an Ethernet module in RSLogix 5000.

That feature is for PanelView Standard terminals only.

Putting a "PanelView" object in the I/O tree as a child of an EtherNet/IP bridge module will result at best in a nuisance fault, and at worst in connection errors between the ControlLogix and the PanelView Plus.

That may explain why when i installed the Panleview in the tree and downloaded, I had a lot of wired issues. I got yellow triangles on several Ethernet/IP items. I re downloaded with the PanelView removed, everything was okay..