Ethernet switch for AB

angi

hi guys

there is a question about Ethernet switch used for 1756-EN2T, could we use Unmanaged Switch?

thanks

The 1756-EN2T will work with any sort of Ethernet switch, managed or unmanaged.

But don't come here posting "I have Ethernet problems and don't know where to start" if you install switches with no diagnostic features.

But don't come here posting "I have Ethernet problems and don't know where to start" if you install switches with no diagnostic features.

That's a little unfair, considering there is a lot of diagnostic data in the EN2T itself.

In most "simple" networks, a managed switch is overkill.

However, if the switch will be part of a larger infrastructure, then managed is the way to go.

We are guessing, as angi did not state the network that the EN2T will be connected to.

I only use a managed switch when there is a specific need, e.g. security, network redundancy, traffic, etc. An un-managed switch will work fine on a simpler system.