(Ask) please help me about PLC

recca_mishima

I once read in one forum that Ab PLC can connect to Visual Basic, to create HMI. I would like to ask, the first step, I have to do what? Then I have to do? Please guidance.

There I did not find how to set the communication between the SLC to VB, some people say its RSlink settinglah in, but I do not know how .. I ask guidance and assistance

Well, you need a driver or write one yourself. This is not a trivial project and my recommendation is always to use off the shelf software unless you are a good low level language programmer or just for a hobby project.

There I did not find how to set the communication between the SLC to VB, some people say its RSlink settinglah in, but I do not know how .. I ask guidance and assistance

The link that jag posted is exactly what you are after. It's a Visual Basic based HMI package that will connect to your SLC. The drivers are included in it, so Linx is not needed.

That thread should get you the information you need. It includes a link to SourceForge for download and a video. There is a ton of information in that thread.

Basically you have to download VB.NET Express from Microsoft, download AdvancedHMI, follow the quickstart guide that comes with it. If you have any specific questions once you have made an attempt, post back...