Problem in timer

joey@Rajesh

Hey guys am using Allenbradley Micrologix 1200. Programming it by RSlogix500. in a program i use to take the time and do mathematical calculations. while using like that i got a problem :mad: i will reset the counter when it reaches 40mS and again it timer runs for the first 3 times i will be getting untoggled value but in the fourth time my timer value will be toggled to 39. i don't understand why? while i use free running clock also this problem araissed. i think this is occurring by scanning process.. how to rectify this:oops:

Because of scan time....The Timer is evaluated each scan..at 40ms, it's very likely that such evaluation is not going to happen at precisely 40ms, especially when you're talking about a 1ms difference.

A PLC timer is a computer instruction that operates on a location in memory. It is not a device. Since it is a computer instruction its precision is subject to when the computer instruction is executed.