Panelview component app. modified in CCW run error.

marcinski

Hey guys,
I hope someone can help me with little issue i encountered today.
I needed to modify applicaton on existing panelview component part # 2711C-T10C Ser B date 2012/09/06, so i transfered *.cha file from PV to my computer and inported to CCW Ver. 4.00.00 (standard edition) and did all necesary changes, validated app, Buld succeeded and exported to *.cha file.
I was able to transfer file from my computer to internal memory of HMI and as soon as i tried to run it this message came on:
Application will not run for the following reasons:
Application was created using a different platform release.

Why is this message coming up since CCW supports panelview component and you can create/modify applications offline without need to be connected to HMI via ethernet.
Is there something i'm missing.

Thank You for help

what is the HMI firmware version - this will need updating.
Version 4 supports CIP
What is the PLC you are using and what is its version.
you may need to reprogram the 800series (you can use copy and paste)
if you are updating the PLC firmware.
Unless something has changed in the last few months the Auto update conversion does not work.

HMI's firmware version is 01.60.00, logic board ver. 12.
PLC is Micrologix 1400, but there is no issues with PLC.
I ended up reprogramming HMI online trough web browser.
I was just wondering if anyone had this issue and how they resolved it.

Thanks

there is a flash memory upgrade for the HMI
are you using modbus to talk to the PLC
V4 and Up does not need it

Communication is trough ethernet. I was just poking around in Firmware updates it does look like v01.060 is quiet old newest version is 4.00. I will live it the way it is for now since all is working fine, if i ever have to do any application mod then i will upgrade firmware ver.

Thank You Ian for pointing me into right direction.