How to open old files with RSLogix500 help

mapizarro

Gentlemen,
Can RSlogix500 read old files that were uploaded from a SLC500 procesor using a DOS software (before windows)
The files extensions are:
.ACH
.ADR
.CFG
.DSC
.RPD
.RPI
.SYM
.XRF
.XRI

Any suggestions in how to open this plc program with RSlogix500
Thank you for your feedback

Those are file extensions used by the old "Advanced Programming Software" (APS) for the SLC-500 controllers.

You can open the *.ACH file directly using RSLogix 500. You'll find that when you use the File -> Open menu it specifies three different project file extensions (.RSS, .ACH, .SLC). Just choose the *.ACH file, which contains the ladder logic and the data tables.

You may need to find a *.OP$ file to get the rung comments and data table descriptions.

very old post, but I'm having the same issue and there is not .OP$ file to be found. I have several programs with the same problem. I am able to open them, but not abble to import or view the database at all.

No, the documentation is gone. It's contained in that separate file and they are merged in the editor. Without it there is nothing to merge.
Think of it as an overlay on top of the ladder file. If you don't have it, you are out of luck.