SLC 505 And LonWorks

MATT116

I've been asked by a customer to help them get their SLC 505 talking on their LonWork network. They already have a Fieldserver EtherNet/IP - LonWorks
FS-B2011-01-EIP-LON http://www.fieldserver.com/products/gateways/EtherNet_IP_Gateway_FieldServer_FS-B20_Series.php

I have zero experience with LonWorks and I told the customer that but they still want me to try because they can't get it working either. All they want to do is read some integer data from the SLC not write to it. Anybody have any experience with this?
Do I have to msg data to the fieldserver? Doesn't seem possible with a SLC MSG instruction or can I just have the fieldserver read an integer file in the SLC?

Any special setup in the SLC?

I've read the fieldserver manual but it only really covers Controllogix.
From the manual:
Data Table Read/Write method for passing data between the FieldServer and an Allen Bradley PLC. The example shows configuration of a ControlLogix PLC, but all Rockwell PLC’s that support Ethernet IP communications and Data Table Read/Write operations in Message blocks should be able to communicate this way.

Also from the manual:
The Driver also supports PCCC communication on SLC and MicroLogix (Tested on MicroLogix 1400 Device)

I've never messed with PCCC and I've always heard it referred to as AB Ethernet or PLC5 Ethernet also that is somewhat of just modified DF-1?

any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks