PV1500+ security question

Andrew Hardy

Is it possible to configure the PV logout / login functions so that they're triggered from the PLC?
I want to log who starts what on my system, hence when the start button is pressed, I want to logout the current user, then login the new user and finally execute the start.

I can see that it's possible to change the screen from the PLC, but can't see if the current user can be logged off from the PLC

Thanks

Andy

I am also curious as to if/how this can be done, as I have not been able to find a way to have the PLC trigger logout.

I've never found a way. The HMI's built in security has some limitations so I created my own login screen and do security in the PLC.

Similar Topics

Hello All, I am doing a PLC5 to CLX conversion and asking if someone can point me in the right direction. Let me prefix this by saying that my...
Replies
Views
OK I have a PLC, configured with 10 words of alarm bits B9:10/0 - B9:19/15. They already have a description, which is pretty much what I want to...
Replies
Views
hi i have problem with connect PV 1500 to Backup SLC5/05 Via serial Port my system as follow : primary Rack 1747-1553 , 1747-BSN...
Replies
Views
I have a PV1500+ and Logix5561 talking to each other via Ethernet. I'm trying to find decent examples to how to set up communications between the...
Replies
Views
I've put together a couple of simple screens inside of a local app just for learning purposes using FTV Studio Site Edition, but I can't find a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom