Help with Mitsubishi fossil required

krk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Siemens guy here so please be gentle with me......

I am in the unfortunate position where I must monitor an ancient Mitsubishi PLC for diagnostic purposes.

The PLC is a A2-AS CPU-S1

- I have a backup copy of the project file.

- I have a SC-09 cable and have been reliably informed this is OK to connect with.

- What software do I need to buy/acquire to monitor/edit this beast?

You should check with your local Mitsubishi distributor. Most likely you would need GX-Developer (make sure it is not GX-Developer-FX which is scaled down to only support the FX series). It may be possible you may need GX-IEC but I am not familiar with that software

Definitely GX-Developer.
I would recommend preparing to update to a later PLC.
it is not hard to change it to a 'Q' series
(speaking from experience)

Do a search for MEDOC, it is available to down load for free

You will need an older laptop, but this will work with A2 CPU's.

Thanks Paul but I've already stumped up £700+ for GX Developer V8.98 which I'll probably only use just the once....glad it's not my own money.