Cognex Camera to IAI Actuator

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I’ve gotten in over my head.

Cognex Camera to IAI Actuator
I need to tell an IAI Cartesian actuator what angle that a part is, so that I can rotate it in order to place it.
I have no problem triggering the camera with an output from the IAI controller
I can tell the IAI actuator if the part is Pass or fail fine.
What I can’t seem to figure out is how to get the Angle measurement into the IAI.

I think I need an Expert to come to the shop and look at this.

I placed an Ad in the Ad section, but there is a lot of spam there, so I don’t know how many eyeballs it gets.

Anybody in Southern California area familiar with Cognex Camera and IAI Actuators?
Need to get the Angle of a part |/ from Cognex 7000 Vision Camera (IS7010-01-220-000 ) to IAI Robot (XSEL CONTROLLER XSEL-P-4-400A-200A-200AB-200AB-N1-EEE-3-3) so that we can rotate the part in order to do a secondary inspection, and for placement.

Red Lion data station?
They have a driver for the IAI XSEL and they have Cognex drivers as well.
As far as how/who I can't help

i have always called cognex tech support.
since you bought the unit from them, they can help some and also give you the name of the local rep.

regards,
james

That was very good advice.
I called Dan, the Tech support at Cognex, and he told me to change a couple of settings in the Camera Software.
I had it set as Serial Native String, and he had me change it to SerialText.
Now when I trigger the camera, the angle value is sent over to hyperterminal and I can read it there.
Anyhow, now I at least know that the Camera is putting out a value.
Once I get the IAI controller to read this data I'll be off to the races.