begginer with micrologix 1000

papejo

hello people im new to this awesome forum

as the title says, im new to ab, i got this ab micrologix 1000 and i was browsing about the software i need to program it.

what i found was the software is free but i can not find the RSlinx Lite and RSLogix 500 starter FREE. also i found that only certain models of micrologix 1000 can be programmed so can you please tell me please wich model i have. I will attached a picture

i find this software

Free Starter Programming Software for MicroLogix 1000 and 1100
can i use that software to connect the plc to the pc, and also how do i check if the plc has any program storage and how i can make a back up of that program.

in advance thanks for your help

2014-02-05 15.47.23.jpg

and also how do i check if the plc has any program storage and how i can make a back up of that program.

Once you are connected through RSlinx start RSLogix500 and upload the program from the PLC. You will get whatever it has or has not.

When the "Free" edition of RSLogix 500 came out, it only supported one specific 10-point MicroLogix controller.

Later, RA expanded support of the free edition to include all MicroLogix 1000 models and all MicroLogix 1100 models.

That was several years ago, so if you download the software today you'll get an edition that definitely supports your MicroLogix controller.