Diaphragm Seal

Charbel

Dear,

i need to know if there is a need for diaphragm seal for a pressure gauge locate on an effluent line which properties are included below:

thanks a lot!!

EFFLUENT composition.jpg

That is secondary effluent - essentially water clean enough to go to the receiving water directly. You shouldn't need a seal diaphragm, but bear in mind a lot of engineering firms specify on anyway as a precaution. You need to check the specs. They aren't expensive if you get the type that fits between the gauge and the pipe on the connecting pipe. On the other hand, the ring type are very expensive and won't add any benefit.

Ammonia, NH3, will corrode brass internals. The gauge's wetted internals need to be stainless.

If it were me, I wouldn't use a seal.

Similar Topics

I am modifying a machine to have a dual diaphragm pump controlled by a shifting solenoid. Basically every time the solenoid is energized the pump...
Replies
Views
I have a need for a DCS or PLC input: "XL" RUN STATUS from an air operated diaphragm pump. This is to verify operation of the pump. The pump is...
Replies
Views
One of our Therm-O-Seal splicers has an issue and we are trying to access the PLC to help troubleshoot. The PLC is password locked and...
Replies
Views
I am practicing PLC programming with Rslogix500 and SLC500. I got a typical seal-in branch circuit (see the picture). I am trying to add a HMI...
Replies
Views
Hi all, For as long as I've been programming Allen Bradley PLCs, I've pretty much stuck to ladder logic but I am interested in what function...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom