S7 to HMI Communication Problem?

qee

Hello All,

Can anyone help?
I have an application using a Siemens S7 313C-2DP PLC that’s connected to a Simatic OP270-10 operator interface.

The PLC has two ports on the front; one is labelled “MPI” (which I have been able to get online to the processor with) and the other port labelled “DP”.
The DP port has a cable underneath that is connected directly to the operator interface.

Basically I would like to know what communication settings are needed to download an application to the operator interface via the PLC (if possible?) and also enable the operator interface to read and write to the PLC?

Any advice from would be most welcome.

Cheers.

qee said:

Basically I would like to know what communication settings are needed to download an application to the operator interface via the PLC (if possible?)

Not possible, you need to load the configuration from your PC to the OP via MPI, or serial, I believe that you can use profibus DP as well for this but I was unsuccessful in getting that to work with a TP270 recently, so I used MPI.

qee said:

also enable the operator interface to read and write to the PLC

Once a valid project has been downloaded to the OP and the OP is connected to the PLC (via Profibus or MPI) the OP will automatically read and write to the PLC areas specified in the tags downloaded to the OP.

I have not used an OP 270-10 only a TP 270-10, I would assume that there is not a lot of difference between the two, as far as configuring them goes.

Here's a link, Click Here to the manual for the screen you are using.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Siemens FAQ 11012204 says plainly:
"Note: It is not possible to transfer the ProTool project to the panel via the Routing function. "

You can set it up to have an online connection to another S7 PLC via routing. But not for downloading.

If you need the convenience of being online with S7 and be able to download to the panel at the same time, then there are two ways:

1. Put your PC on the DP network.

2. Keep your PC on the MPI network, download to the panel via serial.