S7 Monitoring confusion

Matchu04

Lifetime Supporting Member
Afternoon boys and girls...

I have been trying to get my head round this all morning without any joy. Basically as you can see a simple divison in STL buy why isnt the values in the Accum while being monitored what I expect i.e. 102? further down in the program mw128 is loaded and its got the figure that I expect, is this a glitch or me looking into something with cloudy eyes...???

1.jpg

PLCSIM BUG !

Be worried TIA is even wicked(er) : lot of bugs but expensive too ! Siemens is large known in Europe for his bungled works !

:p

(try this in a VAT table as an alternative!)

PLCSIM bug? nonsense. If in doubt put your mouse on an instruction and hit F1, read the help provided.

410/4 = 102 remainder 2 - the remainder is stored in the upper word of the accumulator. Monitoring always shows all 32 bits of the accumulator.

div.JPG

Hi LD

I have been reading up on this over the last few days and i think Im there.. This is what I have learnt and understand?

- Date type of a integer is a whole number, cannot have fractions

- When undertaking a INT calculation not just division both lower words in accum 1 & 2 are used. Upper words are ignored.

- After the calculation (division in my case), the upper word of accum 1 will contain the remainder and the lower part contains the quotient. This is now stored in the complete 32 bit accum 1 as a Int hence the 131174.

Could you confirm my understanding is correct..

Last edited: