Where to buy sensors

Chilltrans

I'm in need of 40 to 50 pnp sensors. I'm using them to replace smc D-B54 two wire sensors to sense pneumatic cylinders extended and retracted.
I talked to smc and they said that the model D-G5P is the correct size for the application, using solid state pnp with a band mount.

Where can these be had at a good price?

There are many types of sensors (inductive, capacitive, photo, limit, pressure), but I assume that you mean inductive proximity sensors.

Reed switches are mechanical contacts, while solid-state switches use an inductive loop. The D-G5P is a three-wire solid state switch.

Allied Electronics is a national distributor for SMC. Those sensors (you have to add a couple more letters for the cable details) look like they're in the $40-$45 range.

My distributor is Hydra-Power Northwest. Their prices are competitive and their service is excellent.

If you're very concerned about pricing, call a couple of the distributors listed in SMC Pneumatics USA's distributor finder in your region and get quotes.

Hi

I have used sick a few times as they make reed switches.
Their price was very good here anyway

Donnchadh