s7-200 communication module clarification

melsayedhasan

Hello,
I have a s7-200 with a password protection for uploading. it's both communication ports are used as master for communicating with HMI and Drives.Can i communicate with it If i add a PPI communication expansion module without making any modification in the configuration(as it's protected) ??
if yes, how can i set the slave address or the baud rate of this module ??

thanks in advance

No, you can't. You need to enter the extra communication module in the configuration to be able to use it.

Kind regards,

Dera jvdcande,
yiu are correct as i found a wizard for EM241 in microwin but i can not find a wizard for EM 277 PROFIBUS DP module , so can add this one (EM277)without configuration?

Similar Topics

Hi Guys, I am trying to establish communication over profinet between Siemens S7-1200 PLC as IO device and codesys plc as IO controller. But I am...
Replies
Views
Which signals do I have to use to get data from camera. For example camera detects a defect and sends signal to controller. Power cable: CCB-PWRIO-05
Replies
Views
can i send and recieve data using my yokogawa UT35A controller with my siemens s7 1200 plc using profinet communication without using gsd file
Replies
Views
Good day, everyone, We're trying to establish an S7 connection on ethernet between an S7-400 CPU and a new S7-1200 CPU (which is defined as slave...
Replies
Views
I don't have any prior experience with MicroLogix so the Communication Toggle Button is new to me. We currently have a few MicroLogix that are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom