Replace QuickPanel View - CF Card Only?

keithkyll

Replacing QuickPanel View IC754VSI06MTD. Have Proficy ME 7.0.
Old panel has damaged touchpad. Tried to connect via Ethernet crossover, and Ethernet switch. Might be my laptop's port.
What address should I use? Old unit has 192.168.1.20. Nothing in Subnet or Gateway.
I tried 10.0.0.2 with Subnet 255.255.255.0.
No luck with ping. I can see lights flashing on hub switch and HMI.

How do I know if the files needed for upload are in the old unit?

Is CF card the only way? What kind of CF card do I need? GE manual suggests a list of compatible cards, but website only lists the GE version.

To be sure of a compatable CF card get one from GEIP. I know that the ones from Red Lion work too.
If you did not load the original program to be uploaded there is about a 50% chance that it cannot be uploaded.
There are two ways to find the IP address either through the Network utility on the QP or by opening a backup of the project from the developer. A third should be by reading the documentation that the developer wrote, but that is sometimes lacking. :(
The CF card may be the most reliable, if it still boots and the touch screen works. It is also a good, cheap place to keep a backup. The drawback is that you must have the exact same model QP to restore it to and you cannot pull it from the CF into PME for editing. You need a PME backup for that, it's a security thing I am told.

Last edited:
Thank you. Any issues with addressing? Do you need numbers in subnet and gateway? Preferred setup?
No addressing issues that I know of, just make sure there are no duplicates.
Need subnet, usually 255.255.255.0 gateway is needed only if there is one that you need to get through. Check with whoever setup that network.
Preferred setup is the one that is identical to the old unit. For this access the backup or documentation from the developers.