Protool/pro

GEOFRA

I am considering a SCADA system for a small project.The project is build using S7-200 PLCs.
As I have no experience with SCADA systems I wonder if anyone can help to clarify a few things.What are the main differences between Protool/Pro and WinCC?Are these differences important if the project si not very big? Can I use Protool/Pro if the project is not very demanding in tags?Does it support animation and graphigs?
Is there a site from which I can download a demo.I have tried from Siemens site but whenI click on Demo I get a message that the URL is not found.
Any info will be appreciated.

I have a WinCC demo and information about it but it is 2 cd.Demo program run 15 minutes and then stop communication but the time is enough.How a can send it to you.And I have a problem too about my thesis I have to learn how I description plc adress in visualbasic.for example ý want to send 00001001 to SMB30 with vbasic.can you help me?

GEOFRA, for a small project, Protool Pro is pefectly OK.
There is a limitation that only one S7-200 is allowed when using the internal PPI driver in Protool(*). If you have more S7-200's then you must go via MPI or DP.

Animation is quite possible, but its not so easy to create nice-looking graphics in Protool as it could be.

Protool's main weakness as compared to WINCC is that datalogging is quite primitive.

Notice that a much-improved version of Protool (renamed WINCC Flexible) is to be released in june.

*: One should think that several PPI connections over individual COM ports should be possible, but it isn't.

PROTOOL/PRO

Thank you both for your reply.
Emin22 unfortunately I cannot help you with visual basic.
JesperMP when you say "There is a limitation that only one S7-200 is allowed when using the internal PPI driver in Protool(*). If you have more S7-200's then you must go via MPI or DP" I guess you mean that if I have a profibus network then there would not be a problem?

"Protool's main weakness as compared to WINCC is that datalogging is quite primitive" Can you be a little more descriptive?

win Cc or ProtOOL

Win CC Or Pro TOol
:oops: :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :)
Protool is fro limited opreation. or rather supporting automation as regared to Win CC is quite comperehensive verstyle capable of data logging,network facility,visula response complet solution of plant engineerign and control ,
Protool is basically for S-7,200 as attached with ET200 module netwaork
with PPI net protocol
while Win CC has its own protocle with supporting OPC protocol
provide compewlet data support and managment its a visula setup as compeared top Protool whic is text based setup and provide Opertaor Control setup like OP-3 or OP-17 etc.
so u may find more about on Siemens SIte
Check otu that site
any info required go a head

Muhammad Faisal Qureshi
SCADA engineer
Pak Arab Refinery
Pakistan[/B]

GEOFRA,
there is an EM277 communication expansion for S7-200. It can be setup for MPI or Profibus DP. You will need one of these for each S7-200 that you want to connect to MPI or Profibus.
Otherwise you are limited to PPI when using S7-200.

parco,
I guess that you are working with WINCC but not with Protool Pro.
Protool Pro is simpler and less capable than WINCC. But it is also much much CHEAPER. Consider Protool Pro to be WINCC "lite".
I am using Protool Pro for S7-300 and S7-400 with absolutely no problems at all.
Protool Pro can also use OPC.