Wonderware Intouch Indirect tagging

meghnesh

Hi friends !!

I am a beginner to Intouch.
Can anyone please guide me on Indirect Tags.

Example.
I have 100 motors.For 100 motors I want to create a single POP-UP containing START & STOP Buttons.

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Each motor will have discrete IO tags: motor1_start, motor1_stop, motor2_start, motor2_stop,.... and so on. Create two indirect discrete tags, motor_start, motor_stop. Typically you'll have a graphic of your motors that has an action link that runs a script when you click on it:
motor_start.name = motor1_start.name;
motor_stop.name = motor1_stop.name:

etc
When you install Intouch you have the option to install the documentation. It will appear as Books when you navigate to Wonderware from Start/Programs button. Their documentation is second to none and gives a detailed answer to your question.

Indirect tagging

Hi FluxCap,

Thank you so much for the reply.
I understood how Indirect tags works.
Its similar to a Genie and a Super Genie in Schneider's Vijeo Citect.

Reply highly appreciated.

Thanks.