How I find Pump Running Hours

Have the run feedback from the pump starter or VFD run a timer. Every 60 seconds have the timer trip a counter for minutes and reset. Every 60 minutes have that counter trip another counter for hours and reset.

Have the run feedback from the pump starter or VFD run a timer. Every 60 seconds have the timer trip a counter for minutes and reset. Every 60 minutes have that counter trip another counter for hours and reset.

Or he could stand next to it with a stop watch and a clip board...

🍺
I was tempted to say "Look under the left front mounting foot, but decided to play it straight. Sometimes they lead with their chin, and it is no challenge!
LOL, I was thinking "Under the flower pot on the left side of the back door", same concept. :p

obi1987,
We do not know what you have, how you are running the pump, etc. etc., so it is going to be impossible to provide any meaningful help. We can ASSUME, given that this is a PLC forum, that you have a PLC involved. But if your PLC does not have a Real Time Clock or at least a time base pulse generator that can be run into a counter, then it cannot be used to track run time.

So IF it does have an RTC, and you have some sort of feedback signal from whatever is controlling your pump that tells you that the pump is running, you simply use that feedback signal to load an accumulated time value into a data register for the duration of each run period.

If you do not have a PLC, then go out and buy what is called an "Elapsed Time Meter" and connect it in parallel to the motor starter coil (ASSUMING you have a motor starter).