Allen Bradley Micrologix Controolers

Paul Sturgess

I have several years in the DDC field of controls. I now work for a company that uses the above mentioned controllers. I have ordered the books from this website and am learning the ladder logic programming. The question I have is that, the have a system with a sensing probe and they want to remove it. They want to replace it with a scale (weight measurement) and use a 4-20MA signal. Can someone help me with writing the logic?

Greetings Paul ...

do you have the new scale's 4 to 20 mA signal already wired up to the controller? ... if so, post your ENTIRE program file (RSS extension) right here as an attachment to this thread and I'm sure someone will be able to help ... note that you'll have to zip your file before attaching it (forum rule) ...

Hi Paul, you should be able to see your analogue input inside your "I1 - Input" register under "Data File" file. Bring that address into a scaling function (SCP) to begin with and let us know how your going.

Paul,

Which model of Micrologix are you using?
The address format is different for these, from other Rockwell PLCs and when you look at the data table, it should tell you which are the analogue inputs are on the in-built processor.
I think even the default analogue inputs are 0-10 volts and NOT 4-20mA, as I had to use signal converters to get my 4-20mA to 0-10V.
If you use one of the I/O cards, then you can have 4-20mA or -10volts

SCP Instruction

How do I edit an SCP already in the program. I want to change it to a 4-20ma signal. I want it to cycle on at 250lbs and cycle off at 500lbs. Any help is appreciated.