siemens s7 200 cpu 226 power supply

papejo

hello

once again im here asking a beginner question

does anyone know how much current does the internal power supply (24v)from the siemens s7 200 cpu can support?

also is viable using the power supply from the plc or is better using an external power supply to feed the sensors and buttons ?

The manual is always a good place to start for technical data. The S7-226 onboard supply has an output capable of delivering 400mA. You will have to do a power budget to see if that is sufficient for your needs.

Internal power supply of the S7-200 CPU

Dear folks,

There is a dis-advantage of using the internal power supply of the CPU for the sensors, if you have any short circuit in one of your sensors this will affect your CPU & might cause it to fault, so it is better to use a separate power supply for the sensors.

Cheers
Hagos

Using the internal supply on an S7-200 range isn't too much of a risk because it is short circuit protected. I have seen the 24Vd.c. output being shorted and the PLC wasn't affected.

thank you for your help

the reazon i ask was because there is this old machine that had a mitsubishi plc, then it stoped working so now we are replacing the mitsubishi with the siemens

from what i saw the sensors and botton were conected directly to the mitsubishi.
so in case there is a short circuit is easy to repair the plc?