S7-200 Storing timer value in Datablock?

russg

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to store a timer value in a datablock to keep a record of the time it takes for a press to close. I'm a bit more familiar with S7-300's than I am the 200's. Could anyone point me in the right direction to how to do this please?

I notice there isn't a BCD output from the timers, so wondering if this is possible at all?

Thanks in advance

Russ

Last edited:
This is where the simplicity of the S7-200 confuses people, because you are looking for a complex solution. One thing to note is that the S7-200 doesn't have a separate data block, all data is in one data block starting at VW0.
Use a MOV_W instruction. Attached shows capturing the current value of T32 in to memory VW2403. In the picture the instruction is part of a branch and so there are no contacts before the MOV_W.

Capture a timer.jpg

Thank you Bryan, that is very helpful and was wondering if it would be something simple like that. Where would I then go to display the value at VW2403?

VW2403 isn't a fixed memory location, it just happened to be the one I was using in my program, it could equally well have been VW100 or VW1002. You can use the value in VWxxxx as an input to any other function, to check what the value is you would need to use the online monitoring functions of MicroWin. Connect to the PLC and then use the buttons shown below. The first button will shown values within the ladder logic, the third allows you to set up a watch table. The fourth gives a graph of items in the watch table.

MicroWin Online Monitoring.jpg

Hi, thanks for all your wonderful information and advice. I haven't tried to implement yet, but will be shortly.