Updating OS on Siemens OP77B

russg

Hi, I'm trying to modify the OB77B screen, but it says I need to update the operating system because I'm using a newer version of WinCC. I'm using WinCC 2008 SP3. When I try to update, it says transfer aborted. I'm struggling to understand why. I'm connected to the S7-300 fine, and there must be some communication if it knows I need to update the OS? I've tried different baud rates and connection types. Do you sometimes need to go to a transfer mode on some of the OP units?

Thanks

Russ

Do you sometimes need to go to a transfer mode on some of the OP units?
Depends on how the panel is setup. I dont know OP77B, but on other panels you can setup the panel to allow remote control of the transfer mode.

Just set it to transfer mode, start the OS Update and see how it goes.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm just trying now to update the OS but i'm getting the message
"the target device is not supported by the current command"

yes, i think so. I choose transfer on the panel then it says transferring..... connecting to....