FactoryTalk View

Durango53

Just getting FactoryTalk View studio here. I am upgrading from RSView 32 and in the learning it stage of FactoryTalk.
Looking at a button to add once clicked it will unhide other option buttons. I was going to put a HIM tag for this but dont know what I would use to unlatch that tag if one of the buttons wasnt clicked and they clicked back in the HMI running screen. Any help on this one?

You Make an HMI analog Tag. Use The Numeric Input to Write a Value To The Tag And base you Visibility Options From The Value Entered into the Tag. You could make a HMI String Tag and Use a String Input to do the same thing. You will also find a Mask Option Checkbox That will put **** in entry field for Eyes not allowed to see Input Value or Password. There is also a Tag located in The Expression box located under the Function Button That is UserHasCode and this works with the Security Codes Assigned to Users.

Last edited:
I would go with a simpler method.

Create an ordinary HMI tag, of Digital Type. Make the initial value zero.

When the user clicks on that "enable" or "show" button, set that HMI Tag = 1.

The other buttons will have their Visibility animation tied to that tag. When the tag is =1, they appear. When it's =0, they disappear.

It sounds like you have a "popup" or similar window, and you want the optional buttons to be invisible if that window is re-opened.

For that function, I recommend a Macro that is run when the pop-up window is closed. Just use the Macro to set the HMI visibility tag you're using = 0.

You can configure a Macro to run when a Display window is opened, and a different one when it is closed. This is done on the Behavior tab for the Display properties.

Some of these features are a little different in FactoryTalk View ME versus FactoryTalk View SE, so for future reference specify what edition you are using.

Cool thanks all. I did set up what you said Ken just was having some issues with the close part of the buttons. I am doing an set tag to 0 once a button is pressed which hide the buttons again.
To show the button group I am doing this
&Set an\button 1 on the press action
Then when a button is selcted to navigate to a different screen I have a
Display "selected screen" under press action
and under release action a
& Set an\button 0 which will then hide the buttons again.
I was just looking for a curser watch where the curser went out of that button range it would retoggle the bit back to 0 but dont think I can do that without getting into some VB writing. Thanks for the help again all.