Siemens TIA V12 add DB S7-300 comp.

Patrix

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my TIA portal V11 to V12.
In V11 when you add a DB, you can choose choose between standard or compatible with S7-300 and then i could see the offset in the DB. Now with V12 i can't choose this anymore and when looking in the DB i cant highlite the offset. Is there a way to get this back or don't i need it anymore??

I think that you are referring to the option Attributes-->Optimized Block access. It is still there and is needed in some cases.

Optimized Block access = OFF is the old way that was used in Step7 classic

For example if you want to access tags with absolute address instead of symbol.
If you are using and hmi with a driver that does not support symbolic access or if you are sending data to and old Siemens PLC and want to keep the same structure in the datablocks

They changed things for V12. I am working from memory of a description I saw on the Siemens support site because I decided to stay on V11 for a while. Right click the DB and then go to properties, then attributes and you should be able to select to have it not optimised. Compile it to get access to the DB offset.