1 analog voltage output to 2 inputs

tempo

Hey guys.
Im working on a PLC project. A voltage output from VFD is connected to a PLC analog input card. I will need the same information in my PLC. The question is, can I connect a wire from that input parallel to my PLC input.

I am asking this, cause the original plc is working 24/7 and i cant take it away. Or will it cause problems in the first plc. Extra voltage drops?

Furthermore, i know that wire length isnt a problem with 4-20 mA analog output, but what about 0-10V output? I might need to send the signal over 20-50 meters.

Thanks in advance

You should be OK running them in parallel. Voltage drop isn't a problem with that distance. Just make sure that the two load resistances in parallel are above the minimum for the transmitter - that shouldn't be a problem, but it is good to check.