Ladder diagram

Hani Abdullah

Hello every one. I am having a problem in this question. Please help me out

A metal piece is moved into position by the conveyor and when sensed by PE2,moved and clamped by the Pneumatic Ram into a drill fixture where any combination of three possible holes is drilled into the piece.
· There is an internal bit for each hole, that when set by its SS, indicates if that hole is to be drilled. The hole or holes are simultaneously drilled into the piece. To drill each hole, the drill must move forward until a limit switch is reached, and then retracted until another limit switch is reached. Because of the varying possible hole sizes, and that the drill is fed at a speed such that the drill motor has a constant load; so there is no guarantee which drill will finish last.
· After all holes have been drilled, the Pneumatic Ram is retracted and the piece automatically ejected from the station.
[FONT=&quot]Include operator PB controls for Start, Stop and individual station controls in the Manual operation mode.

[/FONT]

plc.jpg

Last edited:
We will help you to learn, not give you the answers, so if you show us what you have done we help you get your program to work.

It would also help if you told us which PLC you are using.

Alan.

Its kind of my project sir. Could you please guide me a little. It will be a great favor. Thanks.
1. List the model and catalog number of your Allen Bradley or Rockwell PLC, and the Input modules and Output modules that you have installed.

2. Make a list of all Inputs as shown on your instructions, and assign each one to one of your available PLC inputs in Step 1.

3. Make a list of all Outputs as shown on your instructions, and assign each one to one of your available PLC outputs in Step 1. I will help you with this list. Here are the PLC Outputs that I see in your instructions:

Output List

1. Conveyor Belt Drive
2. Pneumatic Ram Extend Solenoid
3. Pneumatic Ram Retract Solenoid
4. Left Drill Motor
5. Left Drill Extend Solenoid
6. Left Drill Retract Solenoid
7. Bottom Drill Motor
8. Bottom Drill Extend Solenoid
9. Bottom Drill Retract Solenoid
7. Right Drill Motor
8. Right Drill Extend Solenoid
9. Right Drill Retract Solenoid
10. Green "SYSTEM ON" Light
11. Red "SYSTEM OFF" Light

Last edited:
step1 run belt
trans1 PE2
step2 clamp
trans2 ram extended
step3
if SS1 then start drill1
if ss2 start drill2
if ss3 start drill3
trans3
if (NOT ss1 OR drill1 end) AND (2) AND (3)
step 4
retract drills
trans4
all drill retracted
step5 open clamp
trans5
clamp retracted
goto step1

step3
if SS1 then start drill1
if ss2 start drill2
if ss3 start drill3
Shooter, what about the 3 Drill Extend or Drill Forward steps?
To drill each hole, the drill must move forward [extend] until a limit switch is reached, and then is retracted until another limit switch is reached.

step3 forwards any drill when asked.
the transition looks if all done
oke i have it short as he has to do something himself.

step3 forwards any drill when asked.
So you have found a PLC that reads your mind and knows to make the "Extend Left Drill Solenoid" Output go ON, when you need it to go on? Which brand is that - I want to be sure and use that PLC all the time!

Hani says the drill needs action by internal bit SS so i called them SS1 etc.
that is why i use the IF statement in step3
and i do not use rxlogix, only codesys and some old ones like melsec omron, moeller
, and it is just to get him started, not togive him all he needs.
and yes i do have a arduino that reads my mind, it goes left, right, forward and reverse (NO not at the same time.
i love it when we can do this type of talking.
(btw still no answer from hani if he understands what we are talking about)