FactoryTalk Activation License for Rockwell Software

Dlareg

I am pretty new with FactoryTalk Activation so bear with me regarding this inquiry.

We have a new laptop and I was tasked to install the Rockwell Software on it (RSLogix5000, RSNetworkx for Controlnet,Devicenet,Ethernet and RSView). My other colleagues passed to me the installation CDs but all the product keys information were lost which are needed during the FactoryTalk License Activation process. Hence, I have requested from Rockwell TechSupport and they sent me a FactoryTalk License Certificate with a new serial number and product key for RSLogix 5000 (I have not activated it yet, currently in the field work).

The Factory Talk License Certificate they sent to me is just for RSLogix5000. My question is do I need to have separate FactoryTalk Licenses for the other software (RSNetworkx for Controlnet, Devicenet and Ethernet) and for FTView?

If you have the Serial Numbers and registration info for your other pieces of software, Rockwell Support should be able to send you new product key information sheets. Just call their tech support line and go to the Copy Protection and Factory Talk activation menu.

Dlareg said:
...do I need to have separate FactoryTalk Licenses for the other software (RSNetworkx for Controlnet, Devicenet and Ethernet) and for FTView?

Just to verify...

RSLogix5000 and FTView require one license each.
RSNetWorx for ControlNet, DeviceNet and Ethernet will also require one license each.

So that's five licenses in total.

George

Last edited: