Programming FactoryTalk View using Redlion

Simple answer, No.

More detailed answer though is that you can "program" (meaning set up) the DSPGT using "Crimson", the free software package from Red Lion. It is not a controller though, it is primarily a data converter, and that version also has a built-in web server and virtual HMI, so you can do simple SCADA with it. FT View is an equivalent Rockwell product that would run on a PC. So I don't know why you would want one to "program" the other.

One of the Ethernet drivers for Allen Bradley on the DSPGT in Crimson 3 is DF1 Slave. This makes the DSPGT appear in RSLinx as a SLC 5/05. You can then use gateway blocks (or whatever) to pass register data up to Factory Talk.

--Joe

One of the Ethernet drivers for Allen Bradley on the DSPGT in Crimson 3 is DF1 Slave. This makes the DSPGT appear in RSLinx as a SLC 5/05. You can then use gateway blocks (or whatever) to pass register data up to Factory Talk.

--Joe

I am trying to set this up currently with a DA10D to Factory Talk. I select the driver but can't get the device to show up as a SLC5/05 in RSLinx. I must be missing something. Under ethernet I/P devices the DA10D just appears as a yellow ? . Any tips or help anyone can provide with this?