FTV Studio Compact 1000 Alarm Problem

michael90

I have a problem with ME...
I got all my alarms right..everything went well when I trigger them...
the problem is that the "alarm time" & "acknowledge time" appear as "al" & "a" when I actually test it on my 1000 compact ( on [HISTORY] ).... and the time does not show..... its perfectly fine when I run it on "test runtime"... I can't figure out what the problem ...and there is a problem with my trend displays... they are showing the right scale patterns which tallies with the incoming data, but it doesn not show its date and time of the data recieved... [main problem is the time and date displays]....please help me

ftv studio ME alarm problem

It has been set to its default display settings... 640x480 and to edit its size has been auto-disabled... i've used the the display [HISTORY] and [ALARM], meaning i didnt create the alarm status and etc myself, it has been pre-prepared... i just inserted my tags and set the settings according to my needs....

Michael, Verify your Time and Date Format and your Panelview Time and Date Format. Maybe conflict is There?

Alarm Property.JPG

ftv studio ME alarm problem

thanks cwal61 for your reply... that was my first attempt to solve this problem... apparently that didnt work too...weirdest thing is that the description "Alarm List" shows "Al" and "Acknowledge Alarm" shows "A" on the screen

-----|Al|--|A|--|Message|
--*-------------|HH|-----
--*-------------|LL|------

example of my problem... and my trends/graphs arent showing any date and time (hope you understand the spacing editing there)

Last edited:
Change The Font Size To 6 or something. Sounds like is just Trunicated and the Font Size is too large.

Did you Rescale the windows at sometime during the project?

Goto Project Settings And Click the Help button and verify setup information.

Did you Check The Compact Project Checkbox when you created project?

I have not looked at Trend/Graphs yet.

Compact CheckBox.JPG Project Settings.JPG

I've tried to create a new program on FTV and transferred all the tags and displays and took precaution based on the images you attached (I'm not sure if I did so), but it still doesnt work...gosh

What does that screen look like in Studio? Can you do a Alt+Print Screen of it and post it?

You mean on test runtime? Here you go, mind you that on the far bottom left corner is actually a string because when i use the "Time and Date Display" it shows on test runtime, but when on the actual Panel its simply only shows its border without the digits and all in there.... basically there is a real big problem with my date and time... i tried to sync the time and date set on the panel itself but it still doesnt work..

Capture.PNG

I was Thinking something like this. This is Alarm Screen From Library in The project that I made with the Compact Checkbox Selected At Creation.

compact Alarm.jpg

Notice how small it is Relative to the Screen Area of My Laptop. I was wondering how yours looked. If it was a scaling issue.

Just tried it by copying [HISTORY] from Libraries... same results... is there a way to solve the date and time to sync with the panel itself? i meant by solving the whole date and time issue? cause its jeopardizing everything that is related with it.. exp alarm banners, time date display...etc

You mean on test runtime? Here you go, mind you that on the far bottom left corner is actually a string because when i use the "Time and Date Display" it shows on test runtime, but when on the actual Panel its simply only shows its border without the digits and all in there.... basically there is a real big problem with my date and time... i tried to sync the time and date set on the panel itself but it still doesnt work..

So could it be your Time Formats Don't Match? I have not tested that theory.

I have a PV 1250 it has Terminal Settings Button. There is Time/Date/Regional Settings. That's the only place I know you can change PV Settings.