Siemens Servo Torque Feedback

JDCROCKETT724

I have a S110 servo system and I am trying read the feedback of the actual torque. I am using telegram 111. How do I get the torque back to the PLC? r80 is the torque, but it is a 32 bit floating point value. The only available user field looks to be just a 16 bit word. I would also like to have the smoothed torque r31, but that isn't even an option when I go to place it in the telegram.

Any of you servo gurus done this before?

Any of you servo gurus done this before?
Yes, certainly. We do a lot of motion with torque limits. An obvious application is screwing something down and not over torquing. You can't use current because it fluctuates too much. The current is usually chopped up. You must use load cells or a torque value that is generated by the model inside the drive.

If you have the torque generated by the model inside the drive I suggest you use it.

Right, I would like to use r31 which is smoothed torque within the drive, but I cannot get it back to the PLC. This is where I need the help.

Heres the scoop
Your using telegram 111 so change 922 to free bico
This will not change your existing mapped parameters
Put r0080- try this first in one of the spare not used
send parameters- see pic
This value is sent as a 16 bit value (16384) FROM the reference values
ie reference torque in your case
So in my pic here 0-16384 will represent 0-4.71 nM

I hope this makes sense

1.jpg

no
When you look at p2051
they will stay the same
You should see spare pzd values in the data block
Once you map r0080- see if a value shows up the a spare pzd

I will try this. Ultimately I would like to get the smoothed torque back which is r31. However, this isn't an option when I go to place it in my telegram. Do you know how to do this?

r0031.JPG

I'm sure there's several ways to accomplish this.
One that comes to mind is enabled the FREE BLOCKS and using the PT1 filter block available. This should work
Then map r20247 to P2051.11
P20244=r80

or do acyclic reads with FB283...........

6.jpg

Last edited: