compactlogix

swtjhny

I have a compactlogix 1769-L32E it was programmed using 5000 v20, I do not have this software. However, i am looking to purchase it. Problem is in the specifications of the software it doesn't say it covers the 1769 series directly. The RSlogix 5000 v20 spec sheet says it covers the compactlogic5370. Any input or advice would be great before I drop lots o money on this.

Thank you.

When selecting an RSLogix 5000 software package (now Logix Designer), you should not just be looking at which 'Version' you need, but also which 'Edition', such as 'Standard', 'Mini' or 'Professional'.

However, all Editions should support CompactLogix controllers, new and old.

Here's a breakdown of what each Edition gives you...

Logix Designer Development Features

I'm not sure why 'Professional Edition' does not list 'Compact' for the older 1769 controllers, but I'm sure it does support them.

When selecting a Version, you need only match the Major Revision (v20.03) and not the Minor Revision (v20.03).

George

Last edited: