Taking a PLC course

Steve12001

Hi all,

I am thinking of a career change and being unsuccessful due to not having the right experience, I am a maintenance engineer and have been for 4 years and another 3 years in a technical role I have electrical and mechanical experience and also have HNC qualification but in the environment I work in I don't have hardly any exposure/experience with PLC fault finding and a lot of vacancies out there require PLC experience, would taking a couple of PLC course give me a better chance being successful when I apply for such a job?

welcome to the forum.

any classes you take will help your career.

you can find tutorials on this website at the top of the page.

i am unfamiliar with UK training requirements.

you must consider the brand of plc's you are wirking with in industry. in the UK, Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens are the main ones, Allen Bradley is not. that was when i worked for a UK company in 2004.

in the states Allen Bradley is mostly the first choice.

regards,
james