My turn (I feel so honored)

Rick Densing

I recieved this in a PM

I hope you can take a minute to help me! I am using a GE Versa Max with modbus board the PLC and I need to Map from a controller (slave Modbus) to the PLC out to an HMI. I need to write some ladder logic to to assign the Registers in the PLC. Will you be able to direct me in the right area to help me?

Best Regards,
Aaron W

Don't be fooled, Rick. That was simply a "Free Trial Membership" PM you received.

If you would like to continue your membership in Steve's 'elite' club, you must pay a small monthly fee. You should be receiving a pamphlet soon with the details on this great offer... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Don't be fooled, Rick. That was simply a "Free Trial Membership" PM you received.

Thats it Eric!

Burst Rick's bubble, why don't cha!

There he was flying high, thinking that he had become a member of an elite club and you go and tell him that!

Paul

P.S I am also a member of this club see here and here

Well, since Eric seems to think that my claim to fame is that I'm a PM magnet, I'll try to help.

Unless a change has been made that I'm not aware of, the serial ports on a VersaMax CPU can only be configured as RTU (Modbus) slave. That means that Aaron W can't have the PLC fetch data from the slave controller and make it available for the HMI. You could configure the PLC as a second Modbus slave with the HMI as the Modbus master and have the HMI fetch data directly from both the controller and the VersaMax.

Thanks For The Help

Steve;

Thanks for the help! I am sure you have noticed I am new to this forum. "I didn't mean to step on any toes". I will check out the manual you mentioned and see what I can find.

Regards,
Awilken

Modbus

If I make the Cimplicity software the Modbus Master. Do I still have to map a COMMREQ Data block in the PLC?

Damn I wish I knew more about this part!!!!!