using s7-315-2dp to control Master Drive

sirhiss2

Hi guys. :)
I'm trying to use a S7-315-2dp Plc to Control a Siemens Master Drive.
Nothing to Elaborate. :oops: only new at this.
I know I can do this with a 4-20 ma signal, but
I want to use Profi-bus to be able to contol the drive.
Have profi-bus communicating to other PLC's but I'm not sure how to set it up to control the drive.
I have some info from siemens but it is very cryptic.
After the cable is connected to the Drive.
What do you do next?
Do you have to Identify the drive as another Node?
:unsure:

The drive will look like any other Profibus drop. So, yes, you need to add it to your Profibus configuration. You also need the GSD file for the adapter. Since it's a Siemens product it might already be in the Step7 catalog.
It's been a while since I did one of these, but as I remember you get up to 64 bytes of data to and from the drive. Most of it is freely mappable on the drive side.
Let us know if you have any SPECIFIC questions.

Keith

sirhiss2

I will add the following to Keith's reply

To operate the drive via profibus you will need to set the profibus address in the drive and in netpro. In the drive set P918 to your node address. You will also need to set the drive up to start up using the 'control word 1' I am not sure if this is factory standard. Have a look at P554 this should be set to binector B3100.

You can then switch the drive on and off via control word 1 and change the speed setting using control word 2. If you go with the default addresses these control words should be PQW520 and PQW522.

The thing to remember with Siemens is byte swap!

So, for example, if you use a block move of two Input bytes to PQW520 (say I0.0-I1.7), then Input 0 byte is the most significant byte and Input 1 byte is the least significant byte. The minimum input needed to start the drive are bit 0, bit 4, bit 5 and bit 10 of PQW520 (control word 1) you will probably need to set bits 1, 2 and 3 as well, but this might depend on the drive set up. So using the input bytes in my example you would set the following high:- I1.0, I1.4, I1.5 and I0.2.

If you need anymore assistance you know where to come.

Paul

Post your e-mail address or send me a private e-mail. I will e-mail you an application note with an example function block.

JRW

In the previous posts I do not
see the use of SFC14 and SFC15.
This is also my first time also
setting up a masterdrive with
profibus. I was instructed to
do it this way. Am I correct?

PSU84

I see you have now crossed 'threads', perhaps it would be better if you posted your reply in your original thread, that way everyone can follow what you have done so far.

Paul

I posted a Step7 file/example for controlling a 6SE70 drive. Lokk under the upload/download files area. Take a look at it, it should help.

JRW