Rtd question

JWUNSCH

I have a 1000 ohm 3 wire rtd going to a a.b. Rtd module using slc5oo software i'm thinking a scp is best to scale it and then display on a panelview, but i don't know what the input min/max and scaled min/max would be? Or is there a better way to do it? Thanks

SLC RTD cards can give you temperature values directly depending on how you have the card configured. (Engineering Unit X 1 or Engineering Units X 10)

What card are you using? Complete catalog number.

See picture below for raw data values depending on how you have your card configured.

As you can see if you use "Engineering Units X 10" you will get temperature directly no decimal. If you use "Engineering Units X 1" you will get temperature with an implied decimal point. Use math instruction to move the decimal point.

If you use any of the other raw data formats then a "SCP" instruction will do the scaling to get engineering units for you. See picture for engineering unit range for your 1000 ohm RTD.

Rawdatavalues.png