Micrologix 1400 digital input as a counter

marcinski

Hi all
I have a Micrologix 1400 1766-L32BXB and I want to use one input as a pulse counter from flow meter. I don't want to use HSC to save on input points (for now)
Did anyone used it that way, and what is max pulse that digital input can keep up with without losing any pulses?

Thanks

That can be done. The max pulse rate will be 2 times the scan rate of the CPU. Unless that processor does interrupts on its inputs, then you can get whatever the fastest interrupt is.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hey all, first time poster here. I am wondering if anyone has tried using a Keyence SR-X300 barcode scanner to a Micrologix 1400. Keyence sent...
Replies
Views
I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working with a Micrologix 1400 model 1766-L32BXB. With no input wires connected to the “in12” thru “in19”, I am getting 24 volts while...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I hope I don't butcher this up, please feel free to critique me wherever if I do, I have an issue I would equate to "chasing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm working on a project where I need to exchange data between a Siemens S7-1200 PLC and an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 PLC. The...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom