Omron c28k plc

Dlareg

Hi All,

We have an old machine with an OMRON C28K PLC. Lately, the said machine is unable to run and noticed that the PLC processor's "RUN" LED is not lighted up.

We have connected the programming console (Keypad unit, screws on the front of the PLC) for us to check if there is any error or alarm messages but it is showing in "Japanese" language/texts.

Would like to ask on how do I change the language to English? What are the possible reasons why the "RUN" LED is not lighted up?

Appreciate if anyone can give some valuable inputs on my query. Thanks in advance. 🤞🏻

The best for you is to buy CPM1 PLC, program it in day or two and run a machine.

EEPROM (user aplication) is probably damaged. If you have original file somewhere on disk, use Syswin to open it and convert to CPM1A (or CX-Programer later, once it's converted to CPM1A).

Do not go to a CPM1A - it is discontinued. Go to a CP1L - that is the latest shoebox.

Edit:
What is the model number on the programming console?
There might be a Dip Switch internally that can be changed.
You're on the right track!

There are DIP switches next to the EPROM socket. Switch #6 selects English/Japanese. See page 3 (PDF page 8) in THIS MANUAL

And a friendly reminder... If the program still exists, document it NOW!

🍻

-Eric

Thanks for the response and information guys.

I have set dip switch #6 and language is now in English.

- The good news --- I can now read the error message as shown in the console.

- The bad news --- it is showing "Memory Error". :mad:

There is no EPROM installed and we do not have a backup copy of the program. Although we have the hard copy/ printed copy of the logic (not sure if its the latest though). :oops: