RSNetworx: Adress xx : Communication Error(0xC)

Buscom

Hello,

I have a DeviceNet Network whith a CDN066 from Mks Instruments, and when I want to download the parameters to the device , I have this message in RSNetworx :

Adress 28 : Communication Error(0xC) 'Error response received: Attribute not settable.', SCIA(0x10, 0x40, 0x1, 0x6), Parameter(2)

Adress 28 : Communication Error(0xC)'Error response received: Object state conflict.', SCIA(0x10, 0x40, 0x1, 0x15), parameter(15).

"Adress 28" is the adress of the CDN066 in the DeviceNet Network.

I don't know why there is this messages when I download the paremeters to the DeviceNet. Please, can someone help me please?

When you perform a "Download to Device" with RSNetworx software, it attempts to write a value to each Parameter that is described in the EDS file as being writeable.

The EDS file for the CDN-066 gives us some hints about why the device would not accept these two parameter writes from RSNetworx software.

Parameter 2 is the Serial Baud Rate. From the EDS file:

Baud Rate may be set by the RS232 Baud Rate switch or by the software. To enable software setting the switch must be in the 'PRG' position.

It makes sense that if the Baud Rate switch is not set to PRG, the CDN-066 will reject an attempt to set it. That's why the error message is "Attribute Not Settable".

The Object State Conflict error message is a little more complicated.

Parameters 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, and 16 all have a note field in the EDS file with similar text:

THIS ATTRIBUTE AFFECTS THE PRODUCED AND CONSUME SIZE, AND IS ONLY SETTABLE WHEN THE POLL CONNECTION IS IN THE NON-ESTABLISHED STATE.

If the CDN-066 has been put in the DeviceNet Scanner's Scanlist, the I/O Connection will be in the Established state and you will get an "object state conflict" when you attempt to write to any of these parameters.

The easy workaround is to break the Established connection by disconnecting the 1747-SDN from the network, then power-cycling the CDN-066. When it has rebooted, the I/O connection won't be re-established and you will be able to download to the module.

Another method is to de-select the "Active" checkbox for the CDN-066 in the Scanlist Configuration of the 1747-SDN, then cycle power to the SLC-500 chassis. Of course, then you have to reverse the process when you wish to re-enable the I/O connection.

Hello Ken, and thank you for your answer :)

I did not understand well what you are saying.

1. for the Baud rate (parameter 2) , to settable it by the software , what is the position "PRG" on the CDN066? I do not see this switch position on the gateway. I just see the "PGM" switch position on it.

2. for the parameters 9, 10 , 11 , 12 , 15 and 16 , that is true what your are saying, all these parameters are in "object state conflict" on RSNetworx message.
If I understand what you have saying for solution to the "parameters 9, 10 , 11 , 12 , 15 and 16" is that I remove the CDN066 in the scanlist of the 1747 SDN and make the download before put it again in the scanlist?

The English word "Program" might be abbreviated "PGM" or "PRG". It is likely that the CDN066 label has changed over the years but the meaning is the same.

An I/O connection is established whenever the CDN066 is in the 1747-SDN Scanlist and both devices are connected to the DeviceNet.

To prevent the I/O connection from being established:

1. The 1747-SDN needs to be disconnected from the network.

OR

2. The 1747-SDN needs to have the CDN066 removed from its scanlist.