Redlion Graphite - Constant Rebooting on power-up

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
HELP!!!!!!!

I am on a remote site which belongs to an easily upset customer, and I have a major problem with a Redlion Graphite G10.

I am upgrading from a G3-10 to a Graphite G10 HMI.

I have converted the program, and successfully downloaded it, however if I switch power off from it briefly, it goes into a constant reboot cycle for several minutes, until it eventually comes up a "Failed to Start" message, with an option to touch left or right of screen to either clear database, or try again.

Trying again just repeats the constant reboot cycle.

I have tried it with a new program which just has a single screen, and image, and it powers back up fine.

I have also tried putting an image.ci3 on the SD card, but that does not solve the problem either.

So what is the problem with my program????

Can some-one please help, as the customer is coming to site on Monday, and I am not sure I can conceal this problem for long, and I need a proper solution quickly. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

HELP!!!!!!!

I am on a remote site which belongs to an easily upset customer, and I have a major problem with a Redlion Graphite G10.

I am upgrading from a G3-10 to a Graphite G10 HMI.

I have converted the program, and successfully downloaded it, however if I switch power off from it briefly, it goes into a constant reboot cycle for several minutes, until it eventually comes up a "Failed to Start" message, with an option to touch left or right of screen to either clear database, or try again.

Trying again just repeats the constant reboot cycle.

I have tried it with a new program which just has a single screen, and image, and it powers back up fine.

I have also tried putting an image.ci3 on the SD card, but that does not solve the problem either.

So what is the problem with my program????

Can some-one please help, as the customer is coming to site on Monday, and I am not sure I can conceal this problem for long, and I need a proper solution quickly. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Can you post your program?

I've had this issue before when going from C2 to C3. Basically after converting the program I had to create a new program from scratch then I copied my main screen from the converted program to the new program, then copy over a few tags do a download and see what happened, copy over more tags, download see what happened eventually I was able to find the offending tag causing the reboot.

I have the latest version of Crimson 3 (Build 599.001)

But unfortunately I cannot upload the program as it is too large (1141 kB) for PLCTalk.net accept.

o_Oo_O

Even zipped its to big?

Make a copy of your program. Then delete all but 1 screen and then download and see what happens.

What about: File > Utilities > Recompile Database.

Recompile Database didn't make the file any smaller.

Zipping it only reduced it to 939 kB - Still too big (greater than 300kB limit).

I have tried chopping all the screens bar one. Size now 556kB, but still rebooting.

🔨🔨:cry:🔨🔨

Chopped all the datalogging. Size now 552 kB - still rebooting

Disabled webserver - no size change - still rebooting

So you originally did: File > Save conversion?
Are you still working with that converted file?
Create a new program. Then using CTRL-C and CTRL-V start copying a few tags and screens from the converted file to the new program then download.

I think that I have narrowed down the problem.

It is to do with the Communications -> Mail Manager -> SMTP -> Server IP address.

If I select "Fixed Name" it freaks out on reboot.

The problem also affects the "ResolveDNS()" function, which I had working on G3 HMIs,
but if I use it, the HMI reboots and comes up with the following Guru Meditation Code:

0E-2000-4178-3599

I think this problem will also affect Time Manager, as I have the SNTP address using the 'Fixed Name' option.

The Mail Manager function does not appear to work any more, even if I use it in Fixed IP address.

This very bad as these are functions that the customer wants working, especially as he had them in the HMI's predecessor the G3-10.