PLC5/40E PID block

Christoph

In my program I am controlling a pump using feedback from an
E&H flowmeter. For the first time I tried using the PD file
for the PID control block. My issue is. My process variable
that I can see in the data table has a value of 5240 but if you open the PID set up dialog it has a different value
about 3243 it varies with the PV. and causes the PID to not control properly what's up with that?
🍻 TGIF

Post your program if you can. Zip it first. Tell us which PID instruction is in question.

Or tell us what the input range min/max are set to and the engineering unit min/max are set to in your PID configuration.

Last edited:
OK the input rang max=5000 input range min=0
Eng units max=5000 Eng units min=0
PV=N64:11
Tieback=N64:11 not used value=0
CV=N64:12

OK the input rang max=5000 input range min=0
Eng units max=5000 Eng units min=0
PV=N64:10
Tieback=N64:11 not used value=0
CV=N64:12
If I have a setpoint of 2500 my real pv is showing 3800 and the pv in the pid block screen is like 2500 (example)
So it thinks its happy! and does not bring down the output.

Last edited:
We are going to have to see the program when the above error occurs.

The program you posted shows a"0" in N64:10 and your PID is not being scanned.

The PID instruction should be scanned with a timer set at 1 sec (per your PID instructions
"Loop Update Time")