1747-BAS to XLT Scanner Problem

topdog

Need Info on using a 1747-BAS module to talk to a Accu-Sort XLT 200 Barcode Scanner.
Has anyone tried it, I'm having some prblems and looking for advice.

We have accomplished it before in a PLC5, but it seems much more difficult with the 5/04 and OS 401 upgade in the processor. We wnat to use BTR and BTW for data transfer.

Do you need ?

do you need the 1747 module? We've used an Accusort model 24I though the RS 232 port on the SLC 504. If you like I can send you a code sample of a sortation system using said scanner

I saw the thread title and thought one of the guys from work had found this forum!

We have the very same setup, hardware-wise and also have had problems. Our system uses the M files. Every so often the 1747 stops communicating with the scanner. This is generally noticed when several dozen packages have misdiverted. The only cure we've found so far is powering down the system, which apparently somehow resets something. It then works fine for awhile 'til it hiccups again.

No one here is too familiar with the 1747 and I'm even less so concerning M files. Our plan is to convince the IT powers that be to send the scanner data directly to them instead of processing it through the 1747 module.

I know this isn't really an answer, I'm just hoping that if your problem is solved maybe it'll help us too.

Thanks DougP , I hope your problems is noice or something like that. Not being negative....

I know my customer will be upset if that happens. Although we
are only reading every 30 to 40 seconds. Hope that will help prevent your problem. Sounds to me your problem might be noice?.....Good luck

Re: Do you need ?

mordred said:
do you need the 1747 module? We've used an Accusort model 24I though the RS 232 port on the SLC 504. If you like I can send you a code sample of a sortation system using said scanner

Actually we are using a 1747-BAS, the serial port is already in use.

Our major problem is the Basic program. We have numerous programs for the PLC5 1771-DB but there are to many calls we used there that we couldn't use on the SLC Module, I think we have it figured out.

Thanks for everyones response.

Just found the site.....some great info here
Keeps me from......o_O