SSV Instruction for LocalDateTime

cwal61

RS5000

Is it Possible to use the SSV Instruction To Change the WallClockTime / PLC Clock.

Attribute > LocalDateTime?

I can get the PLC Clock Values but have been unsucessful setting the PLC Clock Values.

From 5000 Help File
Wall Clock Time
A device located in the controller used to set and track the time of day. It is a 64-bit counter that counts in microseconds. Its CurrentValue is the number of microseconds from 0000 hours, January 1, 1970, coordinated universal time (UTC).
The SSV and GSV instructions can be used to set and read the Wall Clock Time in human readable format (i.e., Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second and Microsecond).

The Wall Clock Time is always in UCT (commonly called Greenwich Mean Time or Zulu Time). LocalDateTime is calculated from the Wall Clock Time.

So you can set the WallClockTime but you can't directly set the LocalDateTime.

You need to send a whole block of DINT values to the WallClockTime object; you can't independently set the Hour or the Day just by sending that individual value.

I use the DateTime attribute. It's a DINT[7] array containing

DateTime[0] Year
DateTime[1] Month
DateTime[2] Day of Month
DateTime[3] Hour
DateTime[4] Minute
DateTime[5] Second
DateTime[6] Millisecond